Your company can't afford to ignore critical data. That's why Windward has developed a superior business intelligence solution that allows professionals of all technical skill levels to design and generate BI reports and documents. It offers first-rate ad hoc and drill-down capabilities so you gain a competitive advantage while saving time and resources.
Key Benefits of Ad Hoc Business Intelligence
- On-demand information and customized queries so documents contain only relevant data
- Ad hoc reporting means you can access a novel's worth of reports from a single page
- Dynamic drill-down gives access to more specific data with a single mouse click
- A flexible and powerful design interface means easy data access through wizards and drag-and-drop functionality
- Dynamic charting lets you edit charts, graphs and dashboards in real-time – both before AND after report generation
- Time-saving elements (template styles, pictures, charts, etc.) that you can drag and drop into any BI template
- Virtually unlimited data access - connect to a broad range of data sources, including XML files, SQL and Oracle servers, and Microsoft Excel documents
What Makes Windward's Ad Hoc BI Solution Unique
- Setting what you want to make available for ad hoc and drill-down queries takes just a couple of minutes. (Really!) No consultants and no weeks of design time.
- You don't need to build cubes and copy the data to them because our solution directly calls your databases and other data sources.
- Because you design the ad hoc reporting templates in Microsoft Office, you have full control over layout and format.
- You perform the queries in Office and get the result in Office. This may be the most radical difference between Windward and other business intelligence tools because:
- You perform drilldown and analysis from the business app you use the most and know the best.
- You can easily take the result and turn it into a document (PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) that you forward or email.
Types of Ad Hoc Business Intelligence Reports
If it contains data, you can generate it with web-based business intelligence. Here's one simple example: Suppose you run a sales summary. With ad hoc business intelligence, you can look at the report, click your mouse a few times, and see all sales made in California last quarter. Then you can look at the same document, click a different button or two, and look at all sales for the East Coast for last year. Ad hoc reporting lets you change the data you are pulling and then immediately displays the results.
Sales summaries. Competitive intelligence. Product usage reports. Real-time application data. And much, much more.
Windward's Ad Hoc Reporting Solution: AutoTag
The Windward solution lets you design your report and document templates with AutoTag. AutoTag is an innovative MS Office add-in for creating templates in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft PowerPoint.
Each tool is customizable, so please contact the Windward Sales Team to learn how to achieve the ideal web-based reporting solution for your company's needs.
We encourage you to download and try our cloud reporting demo. You also might want to check out our various reporting resources, including our videos page. If you could use a little guidance, please feel free to email the Windward Sales Team or call us at (303) 499-2544.